What are ACEO Cards all about?
ACEO stands for “Art Cards, Editions and Originals”. These cards have one main rule – they are 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches – the size of a trading card.The reason for this is, of course, that Art Cards are made to be traded! But while artists were happily trading cards, the general public was left out in the cold, having no Art Cards to trade. A group of artists realized this, and quickly made their cards available for sale at remarkably low prices so that everyone could join in the fun!
Cards are also sold either as originals or editions. Make sure you know which you are buying! If it is a print it should say so, and it should be numbered and signed, usually on the back.
Art Cards can be a riot! Artists from all over the world are creating, and now selling these little gems in different mediums and of different subjects. Watercolor, Oil, Acrylic, Colored Pencil, Pastels, Pyrography, Pen and Ink, Sketching, Collage – the sky is the limit. Abstract, Surrealism, Outsider Art, Impressionism, Expressionism,every style you can think of – and then some!. Every interest and subject is covered! Extremely collectible Pocket Art, you can’t stop at just one!
Here are a few my wife Nancy Kennedy has been working on.
A Lady Traveler
I like this series on a curly haired little girl!!!
Check back often as there will be more cards for sale here FIRST
for all of our followers before they go on sale on Amazon & Ebay
- artist trading cards (bozena.typepad.com)
- ACEO art (dudadaze.blogspot.com)
- ACEO Cards (artblog4you.wordpress.com)
- IF: Myth (aloquin.blogspot.com)
- Happy New Year (stuccoloco.wordpress.com)
- Project 365 Diary-Week One 1/1/2013-1/7/2013 (artistcards.wordpress.com)
- ACEO’s are so much fun! (artmanic.wordpress.com)
- ATC Swap – Time cards sent & received (artsnark.blogspot.com)
- Illustration Friday: “Glow” (busydrawing.blogspot.com)
- Illustration Friday: Wings (aloquin.blogspot.com)